Sarah has practised solely in family law since the commencement of her career in 1999 and obtained her specialist accreditation in family law from the Law Society of NSW in 2005.
Sarah has in depth experience in all aspects of family law. She has a lengthy background in international family law, and as a result has connections with other family lawyers in many overseas jurisdictions. In particular, she enjoys applying her analytical mind to complex cases involving international issues, multiple and varying structures, and high net worth cases.
Sarah has a straightforward and direct manner, and is a strong and persuasive advocate both in the court setting and in negotiations. She has extensive experience in most registries throughout Australia of the Family Court, the Federal Circuit Court and the Full Court (Appeal Court).
“The most rewarding part of my job is to help guide my clients through the
fraught process of separation and settlement. I always aim to provide my
clients with candid, down-to-earth advice, and to provide them with
a range of options aimed at reaching finalisation of their family law
issues as quickly and as painlessly as possible”
Sarah is available for appointments at all three of our offices at Parramatta, Crows Nest and Surry Hills.
After completing school, Sarah lived, studied, and worked in the UK and Europe for about 7 years. She graduated with an honours degree in law in 1995.
Whenever Sarah has the time and opportunity, she loves to travel with her family, especially to the tropics.
Memberships and Achievements
- Accredited Family Law Specialist (Law Society of NSW), gained in 2005.
- Regular presenter of ongoing legal education papers on family law to the legal profession.
- Law Society of NSW
- Parramatta & District Law Society
- North Metropolitan Law Society
- Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- Panel of lawyers appointed to act as the Independent Child’s Lawyer in proceedings under the Family Law Act
- Accredited arbitrator
- Collaborative Professionals NSW Inc.
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- What is involved for a step-parent to adopt a child?
- Why is Adoption so hard in Australia?
- Divorce Advice Australia
- What is an Adoption Order
- Divorce and Mediation – Family Law Arbitrator
- Same Sex Property Settlement Lawyers Crows Nest
- Financial Agreements Same Sex Relationships – Lawyers
- Section 90B Agreements – Family Lawyers Sydney
- Surrogacy Lawyers Crows Nest
- Your First Consultation
- Mandatory reporting laws for child abuse and family violence
- I left all the finances to my ex and I don’t really know anything about what we have. Can I still get a property settlement?
- What should I know about seeing a family lawyer?
- What is the most important thing people should do when first separating?
- Can I take someone with me to court?
- What do I wear to court?
- Does gender matter?
- Property Settlements – Divorce Lawyers – common myths
- Divorce Lawyers Sydney – Separation – Divorce – Family Lawyers
- Binding Financial Agreements – Prenuptial Agreements Lawyers Sydney
- Best Family Lawyers – Sydney – Parramatta
- Hague Convention – Child Abduction Lawyers Sydney
- Superannuation and Separation
- Divorce Lawyers Sydney – Who gets what in a separation
- Grandparents Rights – Family Lawyers Sydney
- Separation Legalities in Divorce – Family Lawyers
- LGBTI and Family Law – Family Lawyers Sydney
- Breaching Parenting Orders – Family Lawyers
- Mediation | Family law and section 60I certificates
- Family Law Court Supervised time (or contact/access) – What is it?
- The Duty of Disclosure in family law |Family Law Firm Sydney
- Parenting Orders – Family Violence – Sydney Family Lawyers
- What is the difference between a Parenting Order and Adoption?
- Parenting – Children – Child Support Lawyers Sydney
- Parenting- Children – Child Abduction – Family Lawyers Sydney
- Parenting – Children – Young Children – Child Order Lawyers
- Interim Orders and Parenting Arrangement Disputes
- Defacto Relationships – Financial Disputes
- Property Settlement – Child Support Payments – Lawyers
- Shared Parenting Arrangements – Family Lawyers
- Divorce – Separation- Family Law Firm Sydney
- Parenting/Children – Grandparents Rights – Family Lawyers
- Property/Financial disputes – substantial assets
- Child Custody – Recovery Order – Family Lawyers Sydney
- Parenting Orders – young children and sexual abuse allegations